Welcome to Shari’s Top 5! This is a feature I have created to showcase my personal top 5 of various books, shows, toys, music, films, food, etc, whatever I fancy focusing on for each post really!
For this month I am focusing on Halloween / Spooky themed Top 5’s. I hope you enjoy this theme and do let me know what your Top 5’s are too!
5. Rings – A young woman becomes worried about her boyfriend when he explores a dark subculture surrounding a mysterious videotape said to kill the watcher seven days after he has viewed it.
4. Dark Skies – Lucy and Daniel Barrett are suburban parents trying to get by and provide for their sons. The struggles of normal life become extraordinary as the Barretts start to experience an escalating series of disturbing phenomena occurring around their home. Soon, the Barretts begin falling victim to alarming physical and mental afflictions, leading them to believe that they are being targeted by an unimaginable deadly force which they must uncover by any means necessary.
3. Lights Out – When Rebecca left home, she thought she left her childhood fears behind. Growing up, she was never really sure of what was and wasn’t real when the lights went out…and now her little brother, Martin, is experiencing the same unexplained and terrifying events that had once tested her sanity and threatened her safety. A frightening entity with a mysterious attachment to their mother, Sophie, has reemerged.
But this time, as Rebecca gets closer to unlocking the truth, there is no denying that all their lives are in danger…once the lights go out.
2. The Unholy – The Unholy, based on James Herbert’s best-selling book Shrine, follows a young hearing-impaired girl who is visited by the Virgin Mary and can suddenly hear, speak, and heal the sick. As people from near and far flock to witness her miracles, a disgraced journalist hoping to revive his career visits a small New England town to investigate. As terrifying events begin to happen all around him, he starts questioning if these miracles are the works of the Virgin Mary or something much more sinister.
1. Paranormal Activity – A young couple becomes convinced their suburban home is being haunted by a demonic presence. In the hope of finding some evidence they set up a video camera in their bedroom to film the room as they sleep. What they record is more terrifying than they could ever have imagined.
2 thoughts on “Shari’s Top 5: Horror Films”
There are SO many great horror films. It’s hard to choose. You have a good list. I’d add The Blair Witch Project.
There are! It was so difficult to list just five! Yes Blair Witch is definitely in my top 10!